The partnership will provide customers with the best visibility on shipments
SANTA FE SPRINGS, Calif., September 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Today, global shipping leader General Logistics Systems (GLS) announced that it will partner with project44 to improve shipping visibility in its United States service area. The decision will grant a series of improvements to the company’s customer experience, including real-time end-to-end shipment updates, as well as improved communication with the addition of proactive alerts. Additionally, the project44 platform will help GLS expand network visibility, predict delivery issues and reduce operational costs.
From the company announcement, Steve GriffinGLS US Parcel Services COO commented, “Partnering with project44 is something GLS has been looking forward to, as it provides us with new and enhanced capabilities that we can use to advance our services. GLS expects this platform to help the company optimize its operations. costs, improve customer delivery experiences and increase the speed of our services. These advantages are guaranteed to make GLS the leading provider of parcel and freight delivery services in all of the geographies we serve. »
project44 has developed a set of advanced shipping solutions, which GLS aims to leverage. These include:
- Provide real-time alerts to recipients so they know when their order has been shipped, on the road and delivered.
- Streamlined collaboration between different parties during the shipping process.
- Enable access to consumer delivery experience capabilities already widely used in the e-commerce market.
- Access new supply chain enhancements through AI integrations.
- Shipping data aggregation for enhanced reporting and predictive analytics.
GLS’s partnership with project44 is just one part of its expanding service enhancements, including a revamped website and upgrades to its hubs.
About GLS: GLS is a global shipping company that delivers packages and freight throughout the West. Its services include priority, ground and freight delivery.
Visit GLS-US.com to learn more.